Social media content writing is not as easy as it seems, As the space has experienced growth, it becomes harder to find success on the platform with its ever-changing algorithm.
And many organizations/personnel tend to turn to social media, to create brand awareness, generate leads, and customer retention.
But these things don’t just come naturally, they can only be achieved through one thing: excellent social media writing skills.
To achieve success on the platform, factors like the ever-changing algorithm make it difficult to generate engagement with a common social media post. However, by applying some simple writing tips that make you stand out, you surely come out with success
So pay attention to the details in this article and apply them to ensure success.
What is Social Media Content Writing
Social media content writing typically involves writing content that involves catchy and engaging posts, with words and pictures that connect with people on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It is a way of telling a story that grabs the attention and makes the people want to interact/participate.
To build good habits and improve your writing, try out these tips in your next five social media posts. You’ll be amazed at how much more precise and in sync your writing becomes.
Important Characteristics of a Good Social Media Content
– Understanding Your Audience
This is very important, for anyone starting up either as a social media content writer or a blogger/website owner.
The very best way to attract the audience to your content is to identify your target audience. By doing this, marketing becomes more accessible, making the audience feel like you’re reading their minds, by being able to identify their goals, points, challenges and desires.
And especially in marketing, where the goal is to motivate the audience to act. Discerning what makes the audience tick is important. What do they want? need? like to dislike? and also how much decision-making power they have, etc.
For instance, in a problem like “wanting to lose weight”- the audience turns for help and your content exactly articulates the problem. It makes them trust you, take action, and also come back for more.
– Defining Clear Objectives
Defining your objects is an important part of crafting quality content. And doing this helps you determine whether your content is achieving what it is set to do. This involves writing down objects or content strategy/breakdown.
When defining your content objectives, it is important to keep them smart, i.e., keeping them as measurable, achievable, as realistic, and as time-specific as possible to avoid exaggeration.
Your objectives should specify the goal, Using the correct language, i.e., target group and state the issue, and how to solve it and sustain the problem.
Here are some examples of questions you can ask to clarify if your objective is result and action-oriented.
- What exactly is the problem?
- To whom is this relevant to (target audience)?
- What is the right action to take?
- Is it clear what needs to happen?
- Is it clear what will happen once the action is taken?
As a content writer/marketer defining your content objectives as detailed as possible provides clarity. By doing this evaluating your content is more easier
– Keep It Short And Simple
According to research, the attention span of an average user is less than 7 seconds. So keeping it short helps to communicate the information fast enough to grab their attention. And the way to do this is by:
- Making the content and post easy to read for even an eighth-grade
- Applying compelling headings and introduction
- Keeping a paragraph to only about 20 words or at most 30 words.
- Adding Humor and Action To The Content
The 5 C’s of Social Media
When it comes to social media content writing, remember the 5 C’s:
- Clarity: Keep your messaging clear and concise. With the limited attention span of online users, your content should convey its point promptly.
- Creativity: In a sea of content, creativity is your lifeboat. Craft your content uniquely to stand out amidst the noise.
- Consistency: Consistency is the secret sauce to a successful social media strategy. Maintain a regular posting schedule to keep your audience engaged.
- Conversation: Social media is a two-way street. Encourage conversations by posing questions, responding to comments, and showing genuine interest in your audience’s thoughts.
- Call to Action (CTA): Every piece of content should guide your audience’s next step. Whether it’s visiting your website, signing up for a newsletter, or making a purchase, a clear CTA is essential.